This Institution needs you! If you combine a passion for Arts and Culture with a willingness to get your sleeves rolled up, then the new role as Operations Technician at Bath Royal might just interest you. Setting up rooms in our Grade 1 listed building, you will be responsible for the smooth running of our audio-visual facilities and play your part in delivering a world class cultural programme to the people of Bath and beyond.
Want to Know a Little More About Us?
Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institution, Queen Square, Bath, BA1 2HN, is an educational charity in a fine Georgian building in central Bath. We put on over 100 live talks per year on a range of topics from Adelard (a Medieval Mathematician from Bath) to World Affairs (the Chinese Ambassador gave a talk here in 2019) and also mount exhibitions created by Members and local societies and individuals.
We are looking for someone to set up rooms and their audio-visual facilities to University standard, plus taking room hire bookings, updating our website and occasionally being the face of BRLSI welcoming the public at Reception.
If you live in or near central Bath and are looking to supplement your income or to make a new start in the city, then this might be the perfect opportunity!
What Does the Job Vacancy for an Operations Technician entail and How Much Will I Get Paid?
We are advertising this permanent post at £10/hr on an employed basis, initially of 16 hours per week, with a three month’s probationary period.
We are looking for a reliable, enthusiastic and technically able person who can work well with other staff and the public to set up rooms to the specifications of Room Hirers and BRLSI Convenors and liaise with the public at Reception as and when necessary. We will be especially interested in applicants who can use Information Technology to further these ends and other BRLSI interests.
Please apply by email with email addresses for two referees or click on the following link: https://uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=bath%20royal&l&vjk=1afd508efb4fe179&advn=9862642123530140
Core Tasks and Key Responsibilities
Objective 1: Set up rooms for Room Hirers and BRLSI Convenors
- To set up rooms so that all room hirers receive what they asked for [e.g. set up correct room furniture layouts, provide agreed refreshments, set up and test A/V equipment such as pc projectors, sound system, computers, live streaming (when required), pointers, lapel and roving microphones, to ensure it all works effectively]
- Set up rooms in similar fashion for talks organised by BRLSI Convenors and ensure the event runs successfully.
Objective 2: Receive and process Room Hire Bookings
- Ensure that external and internal bookings are received in an welcoming and enthusiastic manner by phone and email, taking care to note all specifications of room layout, refreshments and other services that are requested.
- Enter the information carefully onto the current computer system.
Objective 3: Assist Front Desk wherever necessary
- Fulfil staff rota duties to ensure that there is Front Desk cover when volunteers and/or staff need to go to lunch or take other breaks.
- Support Front Desk Volunteers and Convenors as scheduled, welcoming Members and visitors with warmth and enthusiasm.
- Be able, after training, to take money from clients using the till and card reader.
Objective 4: IT literacy
- Ability to receive training on the Room Hire computer system by the Room Hire Manager
- Ability to help with adding, editing and updating content, events, images and videos to the BRLSI website, the BRLSI YouTube channel and social media channels, as and when shown how.
- Pro-activity in looking for ways for continual improvement of services by alerting room Hire and line managers to actual or potential deficiencies in hardware and software, so that prompt and remedial action can be taken.
When Should I Apply?
Application deadline: 25/10/2021
Expected start date: 01/11/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £10.00 per hour
We can’t wait to hear from you!